Wednesday, February 23, 2011

POEM - Album shoot 1

I am so glad I got to do this shoot for Hanif AKA POEM. His vision and mine were so in line with one another that it made the whole shoot very smooth sailing (apart from all the weather reschedules of course, oh and a few less kids than expected!!!)

Hanif was doing this shoot for his 3rd album cover (In the Moment) and he wanted some graffiti walls and some kids. Well, sometimes plans don't work out and instead of the scheduled 5 kids you get one (if I had known I would have rallied my own and friends kids as back up LOL)

Here's a BW one! Reminds me of an album cover from the early 90's or something, maybe a Nas album cover!

Hanif knew I loved graffiti and urban style shoots and had read that I used to do freelance for some Hip Hop magazines back in my NYC days, so that's what drew him to my work!

And what a great guy he is. All about the community and love and peace of Hip Hop culture... Have a listen...POEM = Prepared. Oracle. to. Elevate. Mics.
I thought I would add a cross process effect to this one and I quite like it...

Thank you, Hanif. I thoroughly enjoyed working with you and partaking again in my love of urban hiphop shooting. We should collaborate in NYC one day! Have a great time in Germany with your family and don't forget little old me when you hit the BIG big time!
Part 2 of this 3 part shoot coming soon!

2 comments:

Always in Love said...

that last shot with the head down holding the hat is so perfect! great colors. i love these kind of shoots too. i love your work.

Jason St. Petersburg Photographer said...

Those are some great backgrounds to have access to for portraits! Everything worked together well for the shots.

Lefties!