Saturday, January 10, 2009

Smokin' Hot (if the water wasn't so cold!)

I LOVE couple shoots. I haven't done too many and need to do more. Hint, hint - couples out there...I was so excited when I saw these getting downloaded onto the computer. I LOVED how they turned out! Before I start with my rambling, I must share my best shot of the morning...

Ha, ha, just kidding! This is the exact moment in which the quite cold water hit my bum! (I have many more shots like this too!). Yes, we went slightly wild on this shoot. And when I found out that Jannine actually had a bikini on underneath her clothes, it was game on! Between Erik and I, she was not going home until we had gotten right in the water!!! Jannine and Erik were actually all the way in by the end and I was up to my waist. And it was not tropical summer temp water, let me tell you!

First, I have to tell you the story of how I met Jannine.
We were at Loubie's preschool friends b-day party at Mona kids Jungle (sort of like snakes and ladders for any Brits reading). Loubie was having a lot of fun playing with a little girl. Mum (Jannine) came over and said that was her kid chasing mine around and we got chatting. She is from New Zealand. We both lived on the same Street on Camp Pendleton but at different times. Then we found out, we both had the same job as a Facilitator for the ASYMCA's Operation Hero Program at the SAME SCHOOL (again at different times). What a small world!
Jannine just started her own girl's clothing biz, Especially For Girls, which she hired me to take the photos for. I then did some photos of her daughters. Her hubby was deployed at the time. BUT, he is back and I grabbed the pair of them for a shoot at the beach! I have only known Jannine for a short while, but she is really cool and I consider her a friend indeed! That's how it rolls out here.
Colour or Black & White, that is the question. Well, we'll take both!

The couple before the mad sea dash and then during!

A silhouette...not much guessing to where this is if you're one of the photographers out here!



We were lying in the sand, under caves...

Sitting in the water...

That's when the fun really began...

Jannine (Mother of 2) is a marathon runner in case you are wondering where she gets the fabulous body from...

I messed around with this one post process and I quite like how it turned out...

I think Erik is thinking of auditioning for GQ Man or something! He was the one who was in the water first, up for anything, seemingly uncold...Any male model scouts out there, email me and I'll pass the info on!!! (But I want my 20% LOL!!!) This one's for Jannine...

Meeting Jannine actually led on to a coming soon blog post. I met Carrie through Jannine. They are long time friends. (As in Longer than a year, which is WOW here! I think they have actually known each other for about 5 years - their daughters are best friends from San Diego). Carrie was 9 mths pregnant and totally into having her birth photographed. Something I have wanted to do for the longest. I never knew if it would materialize, what with timing, but it did and it was great. So, watch this space...
Jannine and Erik. THANK YOU for being into swimming in the sea in the name of art!!! It was a blast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These photos are Phenomenal. Keep up the GREAT work. Maya x