Thursday, November 10, 2016

Maui 2015 - live aloha :) #travelingphotographer

So I said I would come back with Maui and here I am, but I thought I better start with my first ever trip to Maui (read: dream come true!) in 2015...
I still cannot believe for the life of me that we stayed here right on Kaanapali Beach, next to Black Rock! And right there is where I swam next to a massive honu!
I took my D700 with 50mm and wide angle lens. To be honest though, most of my images were taken with my iphone :) Here's a couple...
We got a surf lesson, we did the road to Hana, made zen rock balances at the waterfalls, did yoga on the beach. It was just AMAZING!
But, these are all the Nikon ones. I didn't take too many since we were constantly in the water or the car heading to water!


Here's a pick of my friend, Kellie - she is such a brilliant person. We met in 2005. Kellie was my son's creative play teacher at the YMCA I later was the Family Program Coordinator for. We worked together until I moved to Japan in 2008 but we kept in touch. We both LOVE the ocean. I think we might be mermaids :)
 A chicken lol
 That light that beautiful light...



This road is on the way back to the west of Maui from the road to Hana. It was just wild...



Wherever I go, I have to find some graff or some graff finds me :)





This blowhole of west Maui was really cool. Be warned though, people have lost their lives doing silly things here. Don't mess with Mother Ocean. Respect...





You can see the size of it by the tiny lady on the left...
A rainbow!


A local craftsman...
Sunset on Maui...


Every night there was a cliff dive ceremony as a tribute to the Maui heritage...
Here's some info on it...

I love you, Maui #aloha - off on a plane to spend the day in San Diego's Pacific Beach...
...before getting on another plane to Charleston, SC...
Next up... Maui 2016 (YES! we went back!)

No comments: