Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Dandelion of a Family Session

Two boys. A Mum. A Dad. Me (dressed like it's winter) and a somewhat chilly Sunday afternoon. Amber was referred to me for a Family Session and we decided to do a Castle Ruins shoot. I was a bit worried about the weather, it's been cold (Okinawa cold and windy), but we chose the right day, the wind had died down, and the light was good. Since it was a little chilly, so we started off with some running and jumping, to get warmed up...

The boys were fantastic on the shoot. The youngest was VERY into picking dandelions and collecting the stalks. He was very sweet. I love how you can see the seeds being blown off in this first shot...and look at these baby blues...



The oldest was so polite and CUTE (they both were). He was also a great big brother, smart and loved being photographed (again with the baby blues)!

A mother and son moment...You can see one half of the beautiful eyes mix...


The family on the ruins steps...

After the shoot, I decided to go and take some personal photos at the ruins (well I was here already, might as well make the most of it, huh!). I wandered around taking photos of flowers and a weird (April's description coming up...) 'half bird, half bee creature'. It was so fast flitting (is that a word?) from flower to flower, before I could focus properly, it was off...anyone know what it is??? (It looks like a hummingbird here, but it def. isn't, it's bum was like a bees!)

Then...I literally walked right into a Cherry Blossom Tree. This time of year is big in Japan for viewing the trees. Okinawa blooms first. This was just one tree. Up North, there are hundreds blooming and there are big festivals. I spent some good time here taking photos, and talking to myself LOL then I realized the ruins may have closed so I headed back to the entrance and they were just locking up! That would have been a little crazy, looked in the ruins with the haunted hotel looming in the background!

All in all, a great productive afternoon. Thanks so much Amber and Family for coming out to play, I am glad you love your photos and that we got to actually do them with the whole weather right now! :o)
More Cherry Blossoms coming soon (hopefully) too...

8 comments:

Amber said...

awesome post!! Thank you again so much. You are the best!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh, oh, I love that dandelion picture!

Anonymous said...

wowziers check out those eyes!!! love love love the one with the tree and the boy! miss you bunches!!! shel

Blake and Hollie said...

What a beautiful family! Great photos for such a brisk Okinawan day.

Anonymous said...

I love the eyes!!!!
Rene

MA said...

wow- that's a gorgeous family! that bird/bug is actually a hummingbird moth. aren't they amazing!? you can read more about them on wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macroglossum_stellatarum.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ukreal1 said...

Amber you are welcome, it was a great sesh!
Thanks all! :o)
MA - thanks for that info, I was amazed by the creature!