Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bon Voyage...

Daddy O...


May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.
A traditional Irish blessing...

Here's my version (of course!):
May the internet connect to write to me.
May the wind not blow you overboard.
May the sun shine warm upon your bald head;
the rains fall soft upon your rusty ship and until we meet again,
May you hold many lovely travel gifts in the palm of your hand!

This would be one of Loubie's: May many rainbows light your day!
This would be one of April's: From thinkexist.com Winnie the Pooh quotes:
"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."

We will miss you...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am weaping as I read your post. I will keep all of you in my prayers!

Blake and Hollie said...

Aw, you made me sad too (as I hold my lone glass of wine). Me and hubby are doing a one year deployment this summer :( This part of the military I hate.

~cheers

Blake and Hollie said...

Oh darn!!! I forgot to say... I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!

Go the Extra Mile with WOOT said...

Love your version of the poem better, awesome! A great picture too! Hope you and the kids are doing great so far.....

Anonymous said...

stay safe papa!!! come home soon!