Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Light up your life Project 52 {Erin Hensley} - 2013

I did not one BUT TWO Project 52s this year! I'm quite proud of myself LOL
Here is one:

Week 1 - The kids lightpainted at Toguchi beach...

2. Daily - Pass this most days and it always inspires me :)

3. Find the beauty - a fallen sakura at Nago castle ruins (on my photogp trip to see the trees)

4. Harsh - Took a space A hop to Iwakuni, didn't get to iwakuni, got stuck at Yokoto and then got on a flight back to Kadena which took over 7 hrs as it was on a KC135 (F15 refueling plane). It was a harsh weekend in a lot of ways for us, but cool to see and you have to treat it like an adventure otherwise you would cry! I am sure this is also a pretty harsh environment for the pilots! This was taken lying on my stomach where the boom operator is!

5. Busy - Got invited to shoot a ballerina at an abandoned hotel with 2 fellow photographers. It was great fun and we all got some great shots!

6. Fearless - walking thru this haunted hotel is very creepy even in the middle of the day!
and Loobie doobie and I on a walk. I'm a little scared of heights, but he isn't!

7. Free week - Decided to drive down to Kokusai st in Naha and plant myself on the sidewalk and take photos. Here's just one...

8. My view - Okuma boats in Feb. Amazing Okinawa!

9. New - A newborn shoot this week :)

10. Light - The kids in front of the Araha pirate ship at night

11. Warm - Okinawa is warming up!

12. BW - My beautiful daughter, April. beautiful in mind, body and soul!

13. My world - Driving around Okinawa and the people are an inspiration. This is a Yakitori man!

14. Clutter - Kobito! Japanese garden gnomes!

15. Story - Spring break...I took April to Thailand, we had a great time!

16. Low light - Bangkok at night. I love his t-shirt - years of travel!

17. Good - April turns 13 and finds a starfish. She is all around good!

18. Perspective - The perspective of what defines beauty - "Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Andy Warhol There are so many different views on the beauty of a woman. Two American women. Tattooed American women!

19. Drama - The kids were in the wizard of oz and this, of course, is Tin Man!

20. Bright - My Mum doesn't like having her photo taken, but I think she looks fantastic!
21. Free - Getting inked. Don't ask me about my face LOL Ganesha, Lord of success, destroyer of obstacles...
22. Faceless - saw this man sitting on the seawall and whipped the iPhone out!

23. Perfectly Imperfect- aren't we all?

24. Emotive - She's my muse! Messing around with iphone apps
 

25. Out of Focus - On a client shoot and love this OOF

26. Texture - Butterfly at Ryukyu Mura

27. Water - We took a day trip to Tokashiki Island in the Keramas, so so beautiful!

28. On the go - iPhone and night swimming with my Loobiedoobie!


29. Light and Dark - Sunset at Okuma

30. Details - more butterflies!

31. Wheels - Sitting at our fav watering hole, Daisy's cafe. Drinking an ice cold Orion and just watching the sunset and people on bikes!

32. Yellow - A friend, my daughter and I spent the night at a beach watching sea turtles hatch. This is sunrise!

33. Lines - A photographer friend and I went on a model shoot. Love this spot!

34. Simple - It's def. the simple things that bring joy

35. Grain - super noisy image of my kids releasing sea turtles in Yomitan, but one of my fav photos this year!

36. Let's be lazy - My lazy pitbull, Harry!

37. Birds eye view - My friend, Jess, paddleboarding and doing yoga at the same time!

38. Wonder - April, my wonder girl!

39. Candid - At a birth shoot, after 24 hrs of labour, a boy is born!

40. 1st thing in the morning - Harry and I! Before my T25

41. Slow down - Took a road trip up North and stopped by Hiros farm on the way back, it was so chilled there!

42. Up close - April, again!

43. Comfort - 2 photos this week. The ocean after a storm, so beautiful
and a cup of tea and a book

44. Reflection - The peaceful Buddha, found this while just getting lost around Okinawa!

45. Old - My dog, almost 9 yrs old. Taken with a lensbaby!

46. Movement - Went down to naha in the rain to shoot lanterns and their reflections...with a lensbaby

47. Weather - Beautiful Okinawa weather and no humidity LOVE

48. Nature - sunset

49. Free week - On a trip to Kyoto and saw Geisha and Maiko!

50. Free week - Light streaming in through the Inari shrines in Kyoto

51. Merry - Merry Santa in American Village (shot with a lensbaby)

52. Black and White - 2 photos... an iPhone shot of my fav little boat spot nr my house
 and the ferris wheel at night with a lensbaby!
Yay, I did it! Happy new Year to everyone and I hope 2014 brings you much peace and love x