Monday, March 17, 2014

Dyllan + Kayla = Okinawa LOVE - Okinawa Couples Photographer

There is a great story behind this amazing couple shoot...
So, I was contacted by Dyllan's Mum in Florida before Christmas. She wanted to buy my iOkinawa 12x12 coffee table book for her DIL, Kayla, who apparently has been a fan of my work for a long time! So honoured to hear that :) So, we arranged all that and I met up with Dyllan to give him the book and then he booked a photo session with me as an extra Christmas surprise... 
Now, the weather had been pretty dodgy (Jan) and this day was pretty grey and a 'shall we reschedule or not' kind of day. My rule of thumb is pretty much if it isn't raining and/or super windy, we're good to go...I check the satellite and it's on! (Like Donkey Kong LOL)
Because I feel like I've been in Okinawa long enough to know that the sea still produces the most amazing colours even when it looks like death out LOL
and, of course, when we got to Gala, it proved itself! I breathed a sigh of relief that 'every little things gonna be alright' on this shoot!
and it was beyond alright!
It's a different kind of vibe when it's dull out but I love how the colours work even if you don't get a 'typical' sunset...and of course, I love clouds anyway
Feeling this in BW too...
These two were BRILLIANT on the shoot, I couldn't have asked for a more fun and nice couple. Oki All Day!
The castle in the sea...
So much LOVE!

And Kayla is in my fav colour!
{Right before} The Kiss...LOVE
OKI ALL DAY!!! YEAHHHHHHH!!!
Dyllan and Kayla, you rocked it and I am so happy to have met you both and shot your images. Special shout out to Mum Jonna for contacting me and arranging all this! What a cool MIL! Hope you LOVED the rainbow postcard. Namaste :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These photos are gorgeous!